24 private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The awards were presented at a ceremony that took place in conjunction with NPTC’s National Safety Conference, September 13-14.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics. Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (hours of service, DVIR, MVR, etc.)
- Community service
This year’s National Driver All-Stars included 10 CPC Drivers out of the 24 selected! We are extremely proud of these gentlemen and the contribution they make to the industry.
- Kenneth Wasiewicz, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Benjamin Moore & Company
- Mark Murphy, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC
- Matthew Strickland , CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Hospira, Inc.
- Dana Alitz, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to John Deere & Company
- Gary Pugh, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Moen, Incorporated
- Joshua Luebke, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to NAPCO
- James K. Walker, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to National Gypsum Co.
- Terry Medill, CPC Logistics, Inc., North West Foods
- Leonardo Montes-Corral, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Toyota Quality Parts Express
- Gary Knappenberger, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Walgreen Oshkosh
Our award winners pictured from left to right: Bob Boyich – CPC Vice President, Dana Alitz, Leonardo Montes-Corral, Ken Wasiewicz, Matthew Strickland, Joshua Luebke, Mark Murphy, Gary Pugh, Keith Bailey – CPC Director of Safety